The cover photo is of Edwin Congdon in front of the cave entrance in 1966.
Below is an article from the Nov. 21, 1924 Rutland News which gives an excellent description of the cave that was written in 1818. Below that are two Rutland Herald articles courtesy of the Rutland Historical Society about a cave in the Chippenhook section of town. The first article is from 1914 and the second from 1931.


