/* eslint-disable */

Arnold Cemetery

No image available

Catalog Information

Title
Arnold Cemetery
Accession Number
2017.024.0043
Type
Cemetery
Gift of
Robert Underhill
Collection Title
Misc
Collection Description
Misc
Format Description
*
Search Engine Type
Place
The former Arnold Cemetery was somewhere on what had been the Arnold farm on the south side of Moulton Ave and east side of Middle Rd.  After two generations in the Arnold family it passed sequentially to the Marsh, Webb, Chaffee, and Ridlon families.  When the Arnolds sold the farm they retained ownership of the fenced in cemetery.  In 1882 the headstones and presumably any surviving remains were relocated to the Evergreen Cemetery in Rutland.  The exact location of the former Arnold Cemetery is not known.  There were at least 15 Arnolds buried in this cemetery in the 1776 - 1879 period.  They were:

Edward Arnold (1710 - 1776)
William Arnold (1774 - 1797)
Elnathan (Rice) Arnold (1750 - 1832)
Oliver Arnold (1746 - 1834)
Infant son Arnold (1839 - 1839)
Green Arnold (1843 - 1845)
Green Arnold (1845 - 1847)
Infant son Arnold (1848 - 1848)
Green Arnold (1790 - 1852)
Amelia V. Arnold (1850 - 1856)
Alice Parker Arnold (1850 - 1856)
Green Wallace Arnold (1855 - 1860)
Sarah (Parker) Arnold (1798 - 1862)
George Washington Arnold (1835 - 1866)
Mary (Lewis) Arnold (1832 - 1879)