/* eslint-disable */

Clarendon Marble Company Road Blockage

No image available

Catalog Information

Title
Clarendon Marble Company Road Blockage
Accession Number
2017.024.0039
Type
Event
Gift of
Robert Underhill
Collection Title
Misc
Collection Description
Misc
Source
Holden Materials
Format Description
*
Search Engine Type
Event
The Clarendon Marble Company which was just north of Clarendon Springs had closed before 1900 but then re-opened in 1909.  They provided jobs but may not have been the most appreciated member of Clarendon's industrial community.  The 1911 letter from the State (below) and 1913 letter from Robert Murray (1855 - 1933), owner of the Clarendon Springs Hotel, shown here indicate an ongoing conflict of their operations encroaching into the roadway. 

The letters are from the Holden materials.  The undated cover photo is of the quarry itself.
No image available