This ca. 1860's barn was part of the Powers farm on Middle Road. Powers was a prominent covered bridge builder. Details about the farm and Powers can be found at the link above. A photo of the house can be found in the Homes collection and of the cheese factory in the Buildings collection.
This property was owned by Russell Powers at the time of the 1976 historic survey.