This 1870's structure was part of the Powers farm on Middle Road owned by Nichols Montgomery Powers, a prominent covered bridge builder. The property also included a bottling company built by his son. Details about the property and Powers can be found at the link above. A photo of the house can be found in the Homes collection and of the barn in the Barns collection.
This property was owned by Russell Powers at the time of the 1976 historic survey.
The undated postcard photo below is when the building was used as a store. Per the back of the postcard the store came after the cheese factory era.