This 1823 Middle Road house was bought by Nichols Montgomery Powers in 1869 from Alexander J. Newton (1836 - 1913), a local cattle dealer, and his wife Eliza Marie Benson (1840 - 1918). Powers was a nationally prominent covered bridge builder. Details of the structure from the historic survey and about Powers can be found at the link above. A photo of the Cheese Factory can be found in the Buildings collection and of the barn in the Barns collection.
Note that "Nichols" is the correct spelling of the name. Nichols was his maternal grandmother's maiden name.
This property was owned by Russell Powers at the time of the 1976 historic survey.