/* eslint-disable */

Quincy Cellar Hole

No image available

Catalog Information

Title
Quincy Cellar Hole
Accession Number
2018.009.0009
Type
Cellar Holes
Gift of
Philip L Mandolare
Collection Title
Misc Photos
Collection Description
Misc Photos
Source
Phil Mandolare
Format Description
*
Search Engine Type
Place
The Quincy family lived on Schoolhouse Hill Rd as evidenced by the 1869 map.  Thomas Quincy (1833 - 1886) came to Whitehall, NY from Hemington, England in the early 1850's. He married Mary Lucy Elizabeth Shaw (1832 - 1908) of Clarendon.  The 1st three of their nine children were born in Whitehall and then in 1859/60 the family moved to Clarendon where they are found at the time of the 1860 census.  They lived here for the remainder of their lives.  Mary had grown up at the bottom of Schoolhouse Hill Rd in what was identified as the H. Bishop home on the 1869 map.  Henry Bishop had married Mary's sister Harriet and were living in the former Dr. Jonathan Shaw (1771-1839) & Susan (Sawyer) Shaw (1800 - 1879) home. 

This home was approximately 26' x 22' or about 572 sq. ft.  Whether it has a second floor is not known.

These photos were taken in 2019 courtesy of Phil Mandolare. 

No image available
No image available
No image available
No image available
No image available