/* eslint-disable */

Mason House

No image available

Catalog Information

Title
Mason House
Accession Number
2019.008.0006
Type
Home
Gift of
Dawn Hance
Collection Title
Misc Photos and Documents
Collection Description
Misc Photos and Documents
Source
Dawn Hance
Format Description
*
Search Engine Type
Place
This house dates to as early as 1832 when it was deeded to Nahum Green Clark (1784 - 1867) after he and Eseck B. Colvin bought it from Clement Brown (1805 - 1884).  We are calling it the Mason house being it no longer exists and its location can most readily be identified as the S. Mason home on the 1869 map.  It was between the former store at the corner of N. Shrewsbury Rd & Rt 7B North and the former Kozy Diner (now Kitchen Encounters).  The Masons were Mary R. (Holden) (1839 - 1941) & Schuyler Mason (1824 - 1903).  Schuyler was appointed Postmaster for the North Clarendon Post Office in 1885. 

A special thanks to Dawn Hance for the background history on this house.  The cover photo is ca. 1920. The undated photo below shows the other side of the house and its proximity to the former Lo-Z diner.

No image available