The water-powered Ewing Mill on Walker Mountain Road was constructed on the Clarendon River by Russell Fish of Ira in 1830 for Daniel Ewing to manufacture teasels, a tool for carding wool. Ewing had come from Pittsford and began manufacturing in Chippenhook in 1826. From 1865 - 1920 the mill was operated by John F. Keyes as a grist and cider mill. A seven foot high dam extended across the river in the vicinity of the bridge, backing water up towards the falls. It was also used as a swimming hole by the neighborhood kids, the bravest of whom would traditionally try the frigid water on the last day of April.
John Keyes sold the building and water rights to Central Vermont Power some years after ceasing operations in 1920. The building was owned by Wendell Cultice at the time of the 1976 historic survey. It has since been torn down.
Details of the historic survey can be found at the link above. The photo is from the 1976 Clarendon History book. An addition photo from the 1976 Clarendon History book can be found here and a photo from the 1976 historical survey here
Below is a photo of the mill before it was torn down, courtesy of Cindy Davis.