/* eslint-disable */

Chippenhook Blacksmith Shop

No image available

Catalog Information

Title
Chippenhook Blacksmith Shop
Accession Number
2019.004.0158
Type
Historic Building
Gift of
Robert Underhill
Collection Title
Homes & Buildings
Source
Bob Underhill
Format Description
*
Search Engine Type
Place
We do not know who built this barn or when.but we do know a blacksmith had been here as can be seen on the 1869 map. A sale of this property in 1826 included a blacksmith shop as well as subsequent mentions in property transactions.  Whether any part of the structure that was here in 1869 is part of the current structure is not known. 

In the 1976 Clarendon history book there is a reference to this structure possibly having been a coffin factory at one time. 

The cover photo and first two below are from 2018 courtesy of Bob Underhill.  The bottom photos are from 2020 courtesy of Phil Mandolare.
No image available
No image available
No image available
No image available