/* eslint-disable */

Birdseye Tea Room

No image available

Catalog Information

Title
Birdseye Tea Room
Accession Number
2019.004.0113
Type
Historic Building
Gift of
Dawn Hance
Collection Title
Misc Photos and Documents
Collection Description
Misc Photos and Documents
Source
Dawn Hance
Format Description
*
Search Engine Type
Place
The former Birdeye Tea Room on what is now Rt 7B North in North Clarendon Village was built ca. 1826 by Joseph Gaskill (1795 - 1863).  In the next couple years it passed hands several times, first to Eleazar Flagg (1801 - 1865), Oliver Arnold (1780 - 1851), and Edward Linkfield, then to Eleazar Flagg, then Ruel Parker (1792 - 1872) & Samuel Curtis (1802 - 1852), and finally to Samuel Curtis in 1835.   On the 1869 map it is the Green Arnold (1822 - 1889) home.

In at least the 1920's this home was used as the Birdseye Tea Room and as Wood's Bird Inn.  What year these businesses began and ended is not currently known. 

A special thanks to Dawn Hance for providing most of this background information. 

No image available