This ca. 1810 home is on Walker Mountain Rd in Chippenhook. Horatio Beall (1777 - 1837) had acquired this property in 1806 for $900 and in 1810 sold it to his parents Rev. Isaac Beall (1753 - 1833) and Prudence (Abbott) Beall (1752 - 1833) for $1,000.
In April 1836 the Bealls sold the property, including 65 acres, to Julius Ewing (1809 - 1886) and his wife Mary Harris Otis (1813 - 1898) for $1,400. In October of that year Julius in turn deeded the Beall farm and 20 acres to his father Daniel (1787 - 1862) for $2,000. Daniel and his 3rd wife lived here until his passing in 1862 after which it became Julius' home again. In 1882 Julius swapped homes with his son Charles (1842 - 1891) and his wife Susannah Olin Briggs (1845 - 1927), Charles moving into this home and Julius moving into Charles' home on Gravel Pit Rd (see Ewing House entry in this collection).
Sullivan Ewing (1787 - 1862 was married three times. His 1st wife was Harriet Thankful Tuttle
(1789 - 1819), his 2nd her sister Sarah Eliza Tuttle (1802 - 1828), and
his 3rd Mary (Polly) Tuttle Parsons (1780 - 1871).
Starting with Daniel, six generations of Ewings lived in this home:
Daniel S. Ewing (1787 - 1862)
Julius A.C. Ewing (1809 - 1886)
Charles Ewing (1842 - 1891)
Walter Charles Ewing (1875 - 1926)
Walter Clarence Ewing (1905 - 1960)
and finally Walter's daughters Elizabeth, Beverley and Joyce.
The undated cover photo is courtesy of Joyce Ewing Mcginnis. The photo below is from 2006 town records. The bottom photo is from 2019 courtesy of Bob Underhill.