This Moulton Ave. house is said to date to ca. 1800. Based on research by Dawn Hance we know that there was a house and barn on this site by 1781 when it was sold by Thomas Sawyer to Phineas Pearl. He in turn sold it to John Cobb and in 1792 Cobb sold it to William & Stephen Pope. It then sold to Newland Perkins in 1806 and to John McConnell in 1807 and in 1808 to Rice Arnold. Rice Arnold was Jonathan Parker's son-in-law and somewhere along the way Parker came to own the property. His heirs sold it to Moses Strong in 1828 and in 1849 it was bought by Alexander Estabrook for a mere $80 from the heirs of Moses Strong. Whether this house actually dates back to 1781 or not and assuming not, when exactly it was built and by who is not known. On the 1869 map it was owned by A.F. Asterbrook (Estabrook).
We know very little about Alexander. He was born in NH ca. 1805-09 and was in Clarendon by 1838 when he married the widow Martha (Reed) Houghton (1798 - 1869). He was a blacksmith in the 1850 & 1860 censuses and a farmer in 1870. When and where he died is not known.
There had been a brick blacksmith shop on what is now Rt 7B North just south of the intersection with N. Shrewsbury Rd (see the Newton-Provost Blacksmiths entry in the Buildings & Enterprises collection) that Alexander bought in 1853 for $200 and then sold to Joseph Provost in 1870 for $450.