/* eslint-disable */

Crestview Market & Motor Court

No image available

Catalog Information

Title
Crestview Market & Motor Court
Accession Number
2019.004.0046
Type
Historic Building
Gift of
VT State Archives
Collection Title
MIsc Photos
Source
VT State Archives
Format Description
*
Search Engine Type
Place
These photos are from 1966 likely taken as part of the planning process for the new Rt 7.  Crestview Market & Motor Court began operations in 1930 and was owned by Francis Lapine (1904 - 1990) & Ruth (Beane) LaPine (ca. 1905 - 1977) at the time these photos were taken.   In the summer of 1971 the property was listed for sale for $22,000.  This was a 28' x 22' main building and 9 cabins on about 1.25 acres.  Based on newspaper advertisements at least the market part of the business was seasonal; open from May to November.  Apples, cider, maple syrup, and vegetables in season were primary products of the market.

This business was located on what is now Rt 7B North on the north side of the Cold River on the west side of the road just past the bridge that was there until 2006.  Nothing remains of the business or the cabins. 

No image available
No image available
No image available
No image available
No image available
No image available