In 1966 when this photo was taken this house was part of the Burke family farm on Middle Road. It was built ca. 1845 by Daniel Platt (1807-1874) and his wife Phebe Spafford (1808-1856). Daniel and Phebe had 5 children with only 2 daughters surviving to adulthood. Daniel married a 2nd time to Betsey Brown (1816-1906).
Daniel purchased this property in 1841 for $2,500 from H.O. Perkins, and so it is possible the home was built as early as 1841.
The house was torn down in 2016. The barn for this farm can be seen in the Farms and Barns collection, labeled as the Burke Barn.