Edwin Congdon (1833 - 1919) kept diaries that have been passed down in the family. Below is a transcript from 1860, 1864, and 1869 entries mentioning bridges. The Hodges Bridge was where Walker Mountain Road crosses the Otter Creek. The Congdon Bridge crossed Otter Creek just south of Walker Mountain Road on Creek Road.
We do not have a photo of the Hodges Bridge as it existed in 1860 nor of the Congdon Bridge. All that remains of the Congdon Bridge are abutments.
The undated cover photo is from the 1976 Clarendon History book. It shows the construction of the abutments for the bridge crossing of the Otter Creek at Walker Mountain Rd. This is possibly for the Hodges bridge which the diary notes as having had abutments built in 1860.