The former North Clarendon Grocery is shown here in 1967. It currently houses a tattoo parlor and is on Rt 7B North in North Clarendon Village.
This incarnation of the store began in 1957 and ran until 1993. It was more of a general store than simply a grocery store. An add from 1958 advertises Indian Chain Saws and one in 1965 gloves and mittens. Water repellent paint was advertised in 1960. An add from 1966 advertised an extra 100 triple-S Blue Stamps with purchases of $2 or more. The 1976 Clarendon History book was sold at the sold. The proprietor was Alan Burr (1924 - 2011).
More information on the building and a previous grocery operation can be found in the North Clarendon Grocery - Original Location entry in this collection.