In 1927, 1928, and 1932, infantry troops from Fort Devens in Massachusetts came through and camped in Clarendon. The 1928 group was identified as being the 13th Infantry. The cover photo shows horse-pulled canons and wagons on what is now Airport Road coming past a barn on the George A. (1884 - 1964) and Deborah S. Eddy (1883 - 1960) Grover farm.
Below are shown the 1928 encampment behind the East Clarendon Schoolhouse on Airport Road, another photo of the 1927 horse drawn procession going past an unidentified house, and the 1932 encampment behind the schoolhouse.