This 1946 postcard is of the Rock Garden Cabins on what is now Rt 7B North in North Clarendon village. The structures still exist though it is no longer a tourist motor court. The backside of the postcard appears below. On the bottom is a postcard from 1964.
This business began in 1927 per a March 18, 1972 news article indicating the business had been in operation for 45 years. By 1974 it was partly rentals and partly tourism as evidenced by two ads in April of that year, one advertising a cabin for $150 per month and the other seeking a chambermaid. There was an Oct. 20, 1973 ad selling 5 of the cabins plus an 8' x 30' trailer for $6,500. How that played into the transitioning away from a motor court is not known.
In 1952 Frank and Mable Ames sold the business to Frank (1902 - 1997) and Bessie (McLellan) Briggs (1902 - 1977). In 1964 the Briggs sold it to Harold and Anne Nagai.