The luggage tag below was found in Chippenhook. The Hotel Baker was in Middleburgh, NY, a structure from 1825 that burned in 1942. Originally the Freemeyer House, it became the Hotel Baker in the 1890's. Though only about 125 miles away that was not an everyday journey back in those days.
J.L.Baker was James Baker who by 1905 had succeeded his father Henry running the hotel. In 1900 both men were running it, thus we can assume these luggage tags were post-1900. James Baker was still running the hotel in 1910 but was a dairy farmer by 1920, so we know the luggage tags were pre-1920.
At the very bottom is an undated photo of the bar area inside the hotel.