/* eslint-disable */

Hodges House

No image available

Catalog Information

Title
Hodges House
Accession Number
2017.030.0002
Type
Home
Gift of
Elaine Purdy
Collection Title
Misc Items
Collection Description
Misc Items
Format Description
*
Search Engine Type
Place
The history of this ca. 1805 -1807 Middle Road home can be seen in the Buildings collection in the Hodges Inn entry.  The original owner, Mary Gould Hodges (1760 - 1843), widow of Dr. Silas Hodges (1741 - 1804), came to Clarendon in 1783.  The photo is from a 3-12-1998 Rutland Daily Herald article written by Dawn Hance.  The dating of the home stems from accounts indicating the newly widowed Mary Gould Hodges built this home soon after his Dr. Silas Hodges' death and the fact that she was operating an inn there by 1808. 
No image available