The Clarendon Springs House is a National Historic Register landmark and has long been a treasured symbol of Clarendon's history. The link above is from the 1976 historic survey. Below is a You Tube video. Here is a Wikipedia link. The cover photo has not been dated. The photo below is from 1988 town records.
There a numerous entries throughout this site pertaining to this structure and its history and the hamlet of Clarendon Springs. Some of them are as follows.
Within the Buildings & Enterprises Collection:
- Spring House, Clarendon Springs
- National Register - Clarendon House
- Clarendon Springs Hotel Restoration 1970
Within the Events Collection:
- Auction at Clarendon Springs
Within the Artifacts Collection:
- Clarendon Springs Hotel Pottery & Glass
Within the Documents Collection:
- Clarendon's Curing Waters
- Clarendon House Advertisement
- Clarendon House 1880 (envelope w/corner card)
Within the Places Collection:
- Clarendon Springs Village
- Clarendon Springs 1890
Within Newsletters & Presentations:
- History of Clarendon Springs by Dave Potter
- Visit to the Spring House
From our Facebook site we have a recollection from Joyce Ewing Mcginnis:
My father, Walter Clarence Ewing, (1905-1960) told me as a young boy he went with his father, Walter Charles Ewing, to the Clarendon Springs Hotel to deliver milk.