This artifact was found along the Quarterline Rd about a mile from the corner of Walker Mt Rd in Chippenhook. It appears someone in this organization may have lived in Chippenhook and it's possible meetings were held at the Chippenhook meeting house but that's unknown at this point. Below are pictures of the pin as it looked when found and as worn circa 1900.
The Independent Order of Good Templars, an international organization working in the field of temperance was founded in 1852, in New York, U.S.A. The organization still exists. Here is a link to the history page on the website for the modern day organization in the US: