/* eslint-disable */

Clarendon Springs General Store

No image available

Catalog Information

Title
Clarendon Springs General Store
Accession Number
2017.017.0031
Type
Historic Building
Gift of
Robert Underhill
Collection Title
Homes & Buildings
Source
Bob Underhill
Format Description
*
Search Engine Type
Place
This Walker Mountain Rd store was long an integral part of the life of Clarendon Springs and Chippenhook.  It was originally started by Rolland Bourassa (1914 - 1994) and Yvette (Bartlett) Bourassa (1918 - 2009) in their home next door (see the Bourassa House in the Homes collection).  The store burnt in August 2013 and was not rebuilt.  See the Clarendon Springs General Store Fire entry in the Events collection for the newspaper article on the fire. 

The full history of this store has not been documented yet and help in that regard would be greatly appreciated.  The cover photo is from 2006 courtesy of Town of Clarendon records.