Who built this ca. 1836 house is not known but at the time of the 1869 map compilation it was owned by Andrew Moore (1810-1886). Andrew lived a short distance away on Peter's Lane (see the Moore House entry in this collection for a full bio on the Moore family). Whether this was an income property for Moore or whether this is where Andrew Moore Jr. (1846-1918) was living is not known.
To what extent the original house still exists within the current modernized and expanded home is not known. We would be most appreciative of any older photos or additional information that might exist. The cover photo is from 2006 town records. The photo below is courtesy of Phil Mandolare in 2020.