This ca. 1855 Middle Road house was possibly built by Nichols Montgomery Powers
(1817-1897) when the family came to Clarendon from Ira in the mid 1850's. In 1869 the family moved to the large brick home immediately south of this home (see the Powers House in this collection). Powers was a nationally
prominent covered bridge builder. Nichols was married to Lorette (Fish) Powers (1821-1905). They had 5 children.