/* eslint-disable */

Brick Church Parsonage

No image available

Catalog Information

Title
Brick Church Parsonage
Accession Number
2017.017.0022
Type
Home
Gift of
Robert Underhill
Collection Title
Homes & Buildings
Source
Bob Underhill
Format Description
*
Search Engine Type
Place
This Middle Rd home was built in 1873 by Timothy K. Horton (1814 - 1896), a renowned local builder who also built the Kingsley Covered Bridge and the Clarendon Town Hall.  It was built as a replacement for the prior parsonage.  The first pastor to live here was the Rev. Nathaniel Porter Gilbert (1831 - 1876) who served as pastor 1873 - 1875.  When it ceased serving as the parsonage is not known. 

The cover photo is a ca. 1910 postcard donated by Bob Underhill.