/* eslint-disable */

Guernsey House

No image available

Catalog Information

Title
Guernsey House
Accession Number
2018.009.0035
Type
Home
Gift of
Philip L Mandolare
Collection Title
Misc Photos
Collection Description
Misc Photos
Source
Phil Mandolare
Format Description
*
Search Engine Type
Place
The Pluss Lane property on which this house sits was bought and sold and split off and merged a number of times in the 1800's but if the house was built ca. 1850 as it is believed then the property would have been owned by Erastus Bent Guernsey (1801 - 1880) when it was built. 

Per area historian Dawn Hance there was a brick blacksmith shop in the vicinity of this home at one time.  Gunmaker Edgar M. Glynn occupied the blacksmith shop for a period.  See the Glynn Rifle, and a Shooting entry in the Artifacts collection for more information about Edgar Glynn).  At the very corner of Pluss Lane and Airport Rd (photo below) is the foundation of what is believed to have been a post office at one time. 

These photos are courtesy of Phil Mandolare in 2020.  Given the extent to which this home has been modified over time we would be most grateful for any information on the home or older photographs.  We are as well interested in any information concerning the foundation at the corner. 
No image available
No image available