/* eslint-disable */

Horton House

No image available

Catalog Information

Title
Horton House
Accession Number
2018.009.0026
Type
Home
Gift of
Philip L Mandolare
Collection Title
Misc Photos
Collection Description
Misc Photos
Source
Phil Mandolare
Format Description
*
Search Engine Type
Place
This Airport Rd property was bought with 35 acres in 1868 by Edgar Hopkins Horton (1841 - 1907) and his wife Seviah (Morgan) Horton (1838 - 1920) for $3,000.  It is shown as the E.H. Horton home on the 1869 map.  Per research by Dawn Hance, this property was occupied by at least 1817 but it is unclear when this specific house was built.  The Hortons sold the property in 1874 which, if the new owners built a new home on the site, would coincide with current town records that have this home as built in 1875. 

This photo is courtesy of Phil Mandolare in 2020.  We would be most grateful for any older photographs of this home.