This ca. 1820 home is on East Clarendon Rd. The photo is from the 1976 Clarendon History book. An article about the Crossman Farm can be found in the Farms and Barns collection.
The 1st three generations living here were:
1) William Crossman (1751 - 1837) & Susannah Gates (1765 - 1835). William came to Brandon, VT from Easton, MA in 1777 and then relocated to Clarendon in 1781. Susannah came from East Haddam, CT
2) William Crossman Jr (1790 - 1839) & Olive Lyon (1787 - 1879)
3) Washington Rush Crossman (1817 - 1904) & his wives - 1st Sally Maria Eddy (1817 - 1854) and 2nd Martha Howard (1834 - 1906)
The photo below that shows this house in the background is ca. 1962 courtesy of the Poulin Collection at Middlebury College.