/* eslint-disable */

Clarendon River Bridge on Abandoned Segment of Walker Mountain Rd

No image available

Catalog Information

Title
Clarendon River Bridge on Abandoned Segment of Walker Mountain Rd
Accession Number
2017.031.0066
Type
Bridge
Gift of
Philip L Mandolare
Collection Title
Clarendon Artifacts
Collection Description
Artifacts found in Clarendon
Source
Phil Mandolare
Format Description
*
Search Engine Type
Bridge
In 1916 Leonard Croft (1851 - 1939), a civil engineer from Clarendon, drew up plans to reroute Walker Mountain Rd to it's present location from just above Schoolhouse Hill Rd to just below the intersection with Rt 133.  Where the road had been was apparently in the way of a marble quarry operation. This bridge was part of the former roadway, crossing the Clarendon River just north of Schoolhouse Hill Rd.  Leonard Croft's blueprints for this rerouting can be seen in the Walker Mountain Rd Rerouted From Schoolhouse Hill Road to Rt 133 entry in the Places collection. 

The photos are courtesy of Phil Mandolare in 2020.
No image available
No image available
No image available
No image available
No image available