Details of this ca. 1830's Middle Road house and other structures on the farm can be found at the link above. Photos of barns can be found in the Barns collection. The farm was owned by the Frantz brothers at the time of the 1976 historic survey.
The original owner was likely Enoch Smith (1800 - 1889), a wealthy farmer, and his wife Anna Dyer (1799 - 1875). It is possible that it was Enoch's parents who built the home. They were Arimathea Smith (1767 - 1836) and Eunice Denison (1764 - 1851). In the 1830 census Enoch was head of household with his parents living with him which supports Enoch as being the builder of the home.
Enoch was Clarendon's Representative to the Vermont State Legislature in 1837 and again in 1841.
The photo below is from 2007 town records.