Details on this ca. 1830 Middle Road house and other structures on the farm from the historical survey can be found at the link above. A photo of a barn can be found in the Barns collection.
The original owner of this house is unknown. It was acquired in the 1830's by the Webb family and then bought by the Chaffees of Rutland at the turn of the 20th century. Mr. & Mrs. George Ridlon owned the property at the time of the 1976 historic survey. The undated cover photo is from the Town archives. The photo below is from the 1976 historic survey. Below that is a photo from 1910 courtesy of Dave Potter.