Details on this 1800's Middle Road barn and other structures on the farm can be found at the link above. A photo of the house can be found in the Homes collection.
The original owner of the house is unknown. It was acquired in the 1830's by the Webb family and then bought by the Chaffees of Rutland at the turn of the 20th century. They operated a creamery and raised cattle on the property. Mr. & Mrs. George Ridlon owned the property at the time of the 1976 historic survey.