Details from the historic survey on this ca. 1850 Creek Road house and other structures on the Kelley farm can be found at the link above. A photo of the barns can be found in the Barns collection.
Elihu Sherman Kelley (1806 - 1884) and his brother Samuel Hill Kelley (1810 - 1903) bought this farm in 1848 according to Samuel's obituary in the Middlebury Register. Elihu and Samuel were married to sisters, Elihu to Phebe Lapham (1807 - 1894) and Samuel to Elizabeth Lapham (1810 - 1883).
Originally from Danby where their grandfather Benjamin Kelley (1745 - 1834) was one of the first settlers, the brothers moved to Mt. Holly in 1837 where they went into business together. After moving to Clarendon Elihu lived out the remainder of his life here. In 1891 Samuel moved to Salisbury, VT where he lived with Elihu's son Samuel (1836 - 1922).
Immediately south of Elihu, Samuel and their families and just north of Horton Road was a second extended Kelley household at the time of the 1850 census. This was their parents David Kelley (1778 - 1869) & Anna Hill (1783 - 1851), their brother Achsah Kelley (1809 - 1873), brother Obediah Alma Kelley (1822 - 1901), his wife Mary Elizabeth Frost (1824 - ) and their 3 sons. David & Anna's home is no longer there. Obediah moved to Michigan in the 1860's.
Matthew Lamstein owned the farm at the time of the 1976 historic survey. The undated cover photo is courtesy of Ruth West. The photo below is from the 1976 survey.
At the bottom are photos courtesy of Phil Mandolare in 2020.