This ca. 1820's Gorge Road house is part of the Kingsley Mill complex which is a National Register of Historic Places property. Photos of the mill, barn, and bridge can be found in the Buildings, Barns, and Bridges collections. Details on these structures from the historic survey can be found at the link above.
About 1825 Chester Kingsley (1782 - 1855) and his wife Rhoda Weeks (1786 - 1852) came to Clarendon from Shrewsbury when they bought Nathaniel Crary's Mill about 1825. Chester had been born in Hartford, CT and came to Rutland County as a child. Rhoda was born in Washington, CT. Whether they built this house or bought it from Nathaniel Crary is not known at this time. It is possible that Chester & Rhoda built a home on Bump Rd instead but more likely that one of their sons built that house. See the H. Kingsley House entry for more info.
This property was owned by Victor Sevigny at the time of the 1976 historic survey.