/* eslint-disable */

Wardwell House

No image available

This undated photo is of  the H. Wardwell home found on the 1869 map of North Clarendon Village.  It was on the east side of what is now Rt 7B North just before the Cold River.  There were a number of owners prior to Henry Wardwell and his wife Hattie Clark (1842-1923) buying this property in 1867 with it not being clear which prior owner built the home.  The Wardwells did not stay here long term, their moving to Arlington, VT sometime after their 5 year old son Ernest died in 1875. 

The home was likely built by 1825 when Isaac Matthewson (1793 - 1860) bought the property from Elvin Andrews.

The home can be seen in the distance in the photo below.

 No image available